Did your partner just tell you she thinks she’s pregnant? Wow! That’s a lot to take in right now. If she is genuinely pregnant, it impacts you just as much as her. It’s OK to be overwhelmed. Let the LIFE Center help both of you. Make an appointment, come in together, and let’s discuss your options.
Where Do I Even Begin?
If you’re a young man possibly with a child on the way, you’ve got a ton of questions. “How did this happen?” “What are we going to do?” “Why do I have to get involved with this?”
No matter what your relationship is like now, you’re in this together. The first step, for both of you, is to confirm the pregnancy and find out how far along it is. We offer free medical-quality pregnancy tests and ultrasounds to help answer those questions.
Play Your Part
Any athlete knows that if you don’t play your position, your teammates can’t count on you. It causes more harm than good. Step up to the plate and do your very best. You won’t regret it today or in the future. Try and follow this game plan:
- Take time to listen. She’s frightened too and needs to know you’re there for her.
- Think through everything clearly. This is one of the most important decisions the two of you will ever make.
- Start talking. Find a trusted friend or family member to talk to. If there isn’t anyone, take advantage of our consulting.
- Get the facts. Find out as much information as you possibly can.
Cheating the System
We’re sorry to say it, but you have a responsibility here. It isn’t just “her problem.” There’s teamwork, and then there’s cheating the system. Just like the Houston Astro’s stole the signs from other teams in 2019, a reputation can be ruined forever. Here are a few things we recommend you don’t do:
- Don’t disappear. This is as much your concern as it is hers. Don’t abandon her.
- Avoid pressuring her. Whatever decision is made, the two of you need to agree.
- Don’t just blow it off as if it’s no big deal. You have a voice about what happens to your child.
- Don’t let others influence your decision. Stand up for what you want.
Take the Lead
Once you have all of the facts, it’s time to make a decision. No one has the right to pressure you to make one choice over another. You and your partner need to agree on what’s best. Come with her to the LIFE Center and get some answers. You, your partner, and one of our staff can sit down, discuss your current situation, your future dreams, and make a plan that’s best for everyone. This is one of the most critical decisions you two will ever make, but you don’t have to do it alone. Contact us today to schedule your free appointment with Life Center to get the answers you both deserve. We also accept walk-ins so visit us today!